Location: San Francisco
The MEP Coordinator role is specific to Mission Critical but will also help with Tenant Improvement projects. They are to assist and coordinate MEP modeling, installation, commissioning, and method of procedures. Traveling between San Francisco and Los Angeles office may be required.
- Job-specific knowledge of MEP scope of work
- 3D Model Coordination and Management
- Clearly identify all MOPS & Coordinated Shutdowns needed
- Maintain Level 2, 3, & 4 Documentation
- Understand Vendor Startup and Commissioning Process
- Assist in business development and client relationship management
- Assist in presentations for a project (if required). Assist the project team in preparing materials and developing strategy for presentation
- Read the drawings & Specifications / become familiar with the job
- Create a coordination plan for the project and work with Project Superintendent and Virtual Construction Department on this plan
- If project requires cutovers and coordinated shutdowns, MEP Coordinator will work with superintendent to ensure they are included in the project schedule login
- Along with the Project Superintendent create MOP log that corresponds with the project schedule and plan
- Compile a list of buyout items and inclusions that allow the Project Manager to “buy” quality coordination, MOP work and commissioning up front
- Coordinate Site Visits that will allow the team to review and become familiar with constraints and adjacencies prior to scope reviews
- When appropriate, develop VE solutions to meet budget and tactfully discuss with client and EOR
- Assist the Project Manager proactively manage the MEP submittal process and shop drawing process
- Assist the Superintendent with coordinating equipment control wiring
- Assist the Superintendent with MEP Coordination process
- Lead the 3D Modeling Coordination Process amongst the subcontractors involved
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with technical submittals where needed · Assist in creation and review of technical RFI’s
- Work with the electrical contractor to develop the point to point controls drawings (submittals)
- Internally assist in maintaining the quality control on the project
- Assist Superintendent with creating and implementing a detailed, precise, startup schedule for vendors and subcontractors.
- Begin closeout process (Commissioning Documentation and O&M Manuals)
- Collect and organize all Level 2 Documents and approved equipment submittals (with Superintendent). Set up binder for later CX Agent use
- Assist Superintendent with Startups as necessary to ensure Level 3 documents are collected and organized
- Review and distribute all commissioning agent scripts and procedures
- Collect and organize spare equipment parts
- Assist Engineering staff and/or Operations Team with Technical Review of MOP’s
- Organize spare equipment / parts and turnover to owner
- Assist Superintendent with set up and tracking of house punchlist
- Assist Project Team with scheduling equipment vendors and subcontractors for startup
Post Construction Responsibilities:
- Assist Superintendent with completion of the project punchlist
- Review as-built drawings for accuracy. Turn over complete draft version prior to start of Level 4 Commissioning
- Assist team where needed during Commissioning
- Anticipate commissioning team needs, keep everyone informed and comfortable
- Assist team in setting up equipment training with the owner. Participate where possible to increase knowledge of systems
- Four-year Construction Science/Engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Mission Critical industry experience: 10 to 15 years of responsibility of large commercial construction projects is preferred.
- Advanced experience and knowledge MEP systems, BIM Modeling, Construction Management.
- Experience collaborating with Superintendents and Project Managers.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Must possess the utmost of personal integrity and have the ability to create and lead an organization culture of collaboration, both internally and externally, in order to maintain the superior reputation of the firm