Position Location: New York
Clune has an immediate opportunity for a talented addition to join our New York team. We are searching for a Project Manager responsible for managing assigned construction projects from beginning to end including but not limited to establishing project budgets, preparing lump sum bids, attending client meetings and closing out projects within the approved project budget.
- Minimum of 5 years of construction project management experience, with 2-3 years of experience specifically in commercial interiors.
- Must have prior experience working for a commercial general contractor.
- Successful candidates will have a proven record of accomplishment in all phases of project management including estimating, documentation, owner/architect relations, cost monitoring, problem-solving and project wrap up.
- Motivated and capable of overseeing several projects simultaneously. Fun, dynamic, energetic, and positive personality.
- Conflict resolution skills a must.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to relate and interact with higher-end clientele.
- Strong estimating and budgeting skills. Must have the ability to prepare and submit responses to requests for lump-sum bids.
- Must have strong skills in drawing review.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management preferred, but strong work experience will be considered.
- Ensure profitable and timely completion of all construction projects.
- Manage all paperwork and coordination for assigned construction projects
- Lead weekly project meetings with client, architect, engineer and prepare minutes.
- Process and log all submittals.
- Prepare and follow up on RFI’s.
- Prepare and follow up on change orders.
- Prepare and follow up on client invoices. Approve subcontractor requests for payment.
- Attend site coordination meetings with assigned site superintendent.
- Monitor the project’s trade specific schedule and submittal log.
- Distribute sketches, shop drawings, submittals, schedules, and punchlists to subcontractors and site superintendent.
- Develop and manage subcontractor and supplier relations.
- Process accounting documentation in conjunction with the corporate office.
- Communicate and execute all procurement needs on a timely basis.
- Strong computer skills needed.