Position Location: Washington, DC
Clune has an immediate opportunity to join our Mid-Atlantic team. The Project Superintendent is responsible for all of the onsite activity of construction projects. He/she is responsible for all phases of construction from project kick-off through closeout. The Project Superintendent is tasked with reporting and achieving the project schedule while also staying within the budget. He/she will report to the Project Manager.
Candidates should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter through this page.
- Participate in pre-construction scheduling, logistics and planning.
- Create project schedules and weekly look-aheads.
- Coordinate with the project management team for budgeting.
- Manage multiple projects and/or large/complex projects.
- Manage and coordinate field team including subcontractors and owner vendors.
- Coordinate plans and specifications with architects and engineers.
- Maintain and manage Clune’s safety culture and OSHA standards.
- Promote teamwork and open communication on the project site.
- Recognize and resolve on-site challenges and issues.
- Mentor and train field personnel and help support and develop talent.
- Participate in potential client interviews.
- Position’s main office is based in Vienna, Virginia – superintendents will be located on the project site throughout the duration of the project. Travelling may be required.
- 3-5 years of experience managing commercial interior, healthcare and/or mission-critical projects.
- Experience managing all aspects of field operations including scheduling, quality control and coordinating sub-contractors.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-first attitude.
- Highly motivated with strong skills in time management and prioritization
- Solid background in construction trades and technical knowledge.
- Proficiency with scheduling software,
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.