Position Location: Washington, DC
Clune Construction has an immediate position open in our Washignton, DC office for a Safety Manager to join our team. The Safety Manager will perform overall safety management and support functions for local construction project work. Initially, the position will focus on a 2- to 3-year project for a confidential client, and then transition to other projects. This position will work directly with project team to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures for projects.
- Conduct project safety audits on a daily basis to ensure compliance with company guidelines, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Identify non-compliant activities and responsible parties to mitigate hazards.
- Follow-up to ensure that non-compliant acts have been corrected.
- Chair the Safety Marshall program for the project.
- Develop Safety Action Packs for targeted High Risk Activities.
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with safety documentation for this project.
- Provide safety guidance for project including:
- Subcontractor project safety walks
- Site specific safety planning
- Coordinate, manage and/or conduct safety education programs for Clune Management, Supervision, and Employees.
- New Employee Orientation (Phases 1, 2, 3 & 4)
- First Aid/CPR/AED training
- Managing Safety and Health
- OSHA 10 or 30 training
- Write and distribute toolbox talks
- Conduct subcontractor safety orientations for the project, including completing the Clune Subcontractor Orientation Video.
- Perform site incident investigations.
- Review and analyze incident reports
- Assist Risk Management with injury case management for Clune employees
- Analyze leading and lagging indicators to determine trends and action items.
- Attend and contribute to company and project safety meetings.
- Attend outside training for added safety designations and to keep up with changes in the industry.
- Ensure the project has adequate safety supplies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and health or related field; or 3 to 5 years of related construction safety experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- OSHA 30-hour certification, preferred
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Knowledge of OSHA and applicable safety standards
- Strong computer skills; e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, PlanGrid, iOS applications, etc.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (required by confidential client)
- Act as an internal consultant for Clune on safety-related questions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that will be utilized to hold discussions with various members of Clune, client and/or subcontractor communities, ranging from field employees to executives
- Possess strong planning skills to organize weekly and daily schedules that may involve a combination of meetings, walk-throughs, etc.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Self-motivated and can independently prioritize and execute short and long term objectives
- Ability to work in various team-focused environments
- Mentor Clune employees to foster the growth of that individual’s safety knowledge
- Collaborate with external entities to develop industry best practices
- Physical requirements: ability to walk on uneven ground, utilize ladders and scaffolds, lift up to 50 lbs., stand and/or walk for long periods of time