CHICAGO, December 14, 2012 -- 'Tis the season for giving and Clune Construction Company is taking that sentiment to heart and to their checkbook. Clune has announced it will donate $100,000 this holiday season to local charitable organizations in the areas where Clune's four full-service offices are located: Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City and Washington, DC.
"We know what a tough several years it has been for most industries, and realize that many charitable organizations are in greater need of resources than ever," said Michael T. Clune, Chairman of Clune Construction. "We strongly believe in giving back and supporting the communities we serve. We also want to encourage other companies to do the same, in whatever manner they are able to do so, whether it be financially or rallying employees to get involved as community volunteers," Clune explained.
Clune Construction employees are all encouraged to declare and support a charity or cause of their choice each year. "It has been a wonderful way for our company to get involved with our communities, and I challenge other organizations to do the same. I'm looking to talk with representatives from other companies who are interested in starting charitable or volunteer programs and helping to make 2013 a year of giving back to communities for others, too. It's good for all involved ...communities, employees and business," according to Clune.
This holiday season, Clune Construction will donate $100,000 to the following causes:
- StreetWise (Empowering People to Work), a Chicago-based organization that provides Chicagoans with a "hand up, not a hand out."
- The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC), a premier provider of comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation care to patients from around the world.
- American Red Cross (Los Angeles Region), provides emergency and recovery relief for many man-made and natural disasters 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- New York Cares, provides vital volunteer support to non-profits, city agencies & public schools by mobilizing New Yorkers to serve.
- Boulder Crest Retreat (for Wounded Warriors), provides housing facilities and medical programs for returning veterans and their families in the Washington, DC area.
ABOUT CLUNE CONSTRUCTION: Clune Construction Company is a national, full-service general construction company with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City & Washington, DC and satellite offices in most U.S. regions. Clune Construction specializes in high-end, multi-faceted commercial interiors.